Democrats run New York City and New York State. Is that good for democracy?
- “Independence” and “Independent” party is now illegal in New York.
- Third party ballot access suppressed by the Governor Cuomo in 2020.
- Third party names may no longer have a column on its own, and could have those names removed administratively.
- Voters rejected “no question asked” absentee ballot in 2021, but Governor Hochul brought in back in 2023, and renamed in Mail-In Ballot.
- New York’s Congressional lines were drawn by a Special Master in 2022. Democrats hated that 4 Congressional seats were flipped, so it asked the State courts to redraw it.